View Other Content
Nov 16 2013 02:56 AM | Switchbladed in Cube World News
We now know that Wollay is still alive & working on Cube World after his recent post on the Picroma website. It looks as though some fantastic updates are on the way! Here's some information from Wollay's post:
I'm currently reworking some aspects of Cube World to improve the game experience. I'm planning to include them in the next update, but I still need some time to test them. Here is an overview:
- Maximum power is now scaled to 20 (from 100). Effectively, your strength won't be affected, just the numbers are scaled and items are available for a wider level range.
- Each land now has a power level which determines the average power of creatures and dungeons. That way, players can choose difficulty by themselves.
- The size of lands has been decreased. The average size is now 20x20 tiles (was 64x64). This enables players to explore new lands more quickly and also results in closer cities.
- Naming and coloring of creatures and dungeons is now analog to items: For example, a blue "Undead +18" means that he has power level 18 and is likely to drop +18 items of blue quality. In contrast to before, players can now precisely see the power of creatures.
- Dungeon missions aren't generated daily anymore and aren't adapted to the player level. Instead, players can see on the map if a dungeon has been cleared or not (indicated by a skull icon). A dungeon is cleared by defeating the boss and will remain empty for a couple of days.
- I'm working on underworld caverns: The idea is to have a network of caverns below the overworld with secret entrances at the surface. The underworld will be inhabited by various monsters of varying power and will add another exploration factor to the game. Currently I'm experimenting with nice-looking entrances (it's tricky to get them right).
Jul 23 2013 05:30 AM | klippa in Cube World News
This is a great update for some, and a disappointment for others, but after all, we know Wollay is around and still working on Cube World! Along with this patch, there was a new post on Picroma's blog!
The patch notes for the July 23, 2013 patch are as follows:
- Added an option to limit the frame rate (see options menu: FPS limit; default 111 fps)
- Ranger ability 'Scout's switftness' doesn't crash on multiplayer servers anymore
- Ranger ability 'Retreat' doesn't increase hang gliding speed anymore
- The crossbow's right mouse button ability now only does damage when charged
- You can now reset the day in inns only between 6:00 P.M. and 6:00 A.M.
- Fixed a bug where multiplayer groups received too much XP for missions
What's next, according to the latest post on Picroma's blog:
- Fixing bugs: We have already gathered a big list of bugs and glitches reported by players.
- Compatibility: Some players have DirectX initialization problems on their PCs. We will try to find out the reasons and solve these issues.
- Performance: We will work on performance optimizations, both for client and server.
- Remappable controls: We will make all controls configurable.
- Scalable GUI: We will make the GUI scalable, so it works well with lower resolutions, too.
- Multiplayer server configuration: We will add more server configurations options, such as a configurable port.
- New content: We already have a few things in the making, such as new creatures.
- Changes to the website: We'll restructure the site a little and add a new forum and probably a bugtracking system (if anyone can recommend a good bugtracker, please let me know).
Jul 05 2013 07:10 AM | klippa in Cube World News
The patch notes for the July 5, 2013 patch are as follows:
- Added an option to invert the y-axis
- Fixed a bug where MP could be regenerated with the 'O' key
- Fixed a bug where players could sell non-existing items from their inventory